02 August 2011

Fantasy Flight acquires Star Wars license


It seems that Fantasy Flight Games has acquired the license to produce 'Star Wars' games, including (eventually) a RPG.

From the official announcement (available here):
Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce that it has entered a comprehensive licensing partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. for the worldwide rights to publish card, roleplaying, and miniatures games set in the popular Star Wars™ universe!
I've never been a big Star Wars fan (aside from a brief period during my 'pre-RPG' life, around 1977-80), so I'm not terribly excited about this development myself. Nonetheless, it clearly is 'big news' for the RPG 'industry', and evidence of FFG's growing importance.

4 comments:

  1. I think I might actually owe someone five bucks now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a far more interesting announcement if an RPG was included. So far only a card game and a tactical ship game.

    Not interested in either. Wake me when they have a role playing game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wake me when they have a role playing game."

    My sentiment exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that FFG is giving priority to most profitable products. (An RPG is promised eventually.)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).